Political Science as an Education Minor

A Political Science minor is available for Education majors who wish to chose it for one of their disciplinary teaching minor. This minor is not available for non-Education majors. 

Education majors should work with their own Advisors in selecting Political Science as a minor.

For those pursuing a teacher education certificate, please review the disclosure for teacher and administration certifications at 


The above website includes contact information for the Michigan Department of Education office that handles certification issues and the link to the online certification system portal.  It also includes an invitation to teacher certification candidates to contact a College of Education advisor for any assistance with certification questions.